Full-time (One year with possible extension based on performance and available fund)
PLACE OF WORK:
Field offices and branch offices (Gambela, Assosa, Melkedida, Afar and Dabat)
Action for the Needy in Ethiopia (ANE) is an indigenous, nonprofit, humanitarian organization that has increasingly proved its organizational and operational capacities in the provision of critical humanitarian needs of refugees from neighboring countries and vulnerable host communities. Since 2012, we have been implementing development and emergency programs in all regions of the country and more than 2,000,000 beneficiaries were served.
ANE has been working with intuitional donors including UNHCR, USAID, IOM, WFP, UNOCHA, IRC, PIE, IRC, WV, IGAD, and WVV as well as government counterpart including Refugee and Returnees Service (RRS), Authority for Civil Society Organizations (ACSO), Federal, Regional and Zonal Sectorial bureaus.
Currently ANE has more than 500 program and support staff all over the country and its operations are expanding to Djibouti and South Sudan.
Drivers work in different roles although their duties are more or less the same. Typically, a driver is expected to drive a vehicle from one place to another in order to transport people or merchandise. Essentially, drivers are expected to drive a vehicle on a schedule over a designated route and ensure the safety and timely delivery of passengers or goods.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Take instructions from supervisor regarding each day’s deliveries or pick / drop services
- Check tires, engines and seatbelts to ensure that they are in good working order
- Clean car seats, rugs, dashboards and mats on a daily basis
- Mentally chart out best possible route to reach desired destination
- Drive back vehicle to the company by following strict timeline rules
- Change tires and make minor adjustments or repairs to engine or vehicle body during, before and after transit
- Take vehicle to washing areas or wash them according to specific instructions
- Handle maintenance of vehicle air conditioning and heating systems
- Deliver important documents to required destinations
- Keep vehicle clean and maintained at all times
- Perform preventative and regular maintenance on vehicle
- Above Grade 8Th
- Obtained Driving License
- 2 years and above
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicant should submit their application letter, updated resume/CV and educational certificate before 15th September, 2022 through email: email@example.com or apply in person at our office during working hours.
NB.Due to the volume of applications submitted, only finalists will be notified. No phone calls, please.