Senior Program Officer
Full-time (One year with possible extension based on performance and available fund)
PLACE OF WORK:
Field offices and branch offices ( Gambela, Assosa, Melkedida, Afar, Dabat, Mekele, Jiggiga, Metekel, Nekemte, etc.)
Action for the Needy in Ethiopia (ANE) is an indigenous, nonprofit, humanitarian organization that has increasingly proved its organizational and operational capacities in the provision of critical humanitarian needs of refugees from neighboring countries and vulnerable host communities. Since 2012, we have been implementing development and emergency programs in all regions of the country and more than 2,000,000 beneficiaries were served.
ANE has been working with intuitional donors including UNHCR, USAID, IOM, WFP, UNOCHA, IRC, PIE, IRC, WV, IGAD, and WVV as well as government counterpart including Refugee and Returnees Service (RRS), Authority for Civil Society Organizations (ACSO), Federal, Regional and Zonal Sectorial bureaus.
Currently ANE has more than 500 program and support staff all over the country and its operations are expanding to Djibouti and South Sudan.
ANE has Head Quarter in Addis Ababa and operational offices in Gambela, Assosa, Nekemte, Metekel, Dabat/Debark, Mekele, Shire, Asayta, Dessie, Mega, Bullhora, Negele, Melkedida, and Jiggiga.
In collaboration with donors and through integrated services approach ANE addressed the needs of the most in need and vulnerable communities with various humanitarian services. This includes:
- Construction and maintenance of emergency and transitional shelters, school and health service infrastructure, bridges, and access roads.
- Construction and maintenance of water and sanitation facilities.
- Provision of water, sanitation, and hygiene services and awareness creations.
- Provision of emergency relief items including supplementary food, cloths, and Non-Food Items (NFIs).
- Environmental protection and awareness creations.
- Provision of Energy materials including stoves, brickettes and charcoals.
- Lead and jointly lead shelter clusters teams and actively participates in Shelter and WASH cluster activites.
We are looking for a Senior Program Officer to take charge of the Organizational health of our field and branch office by administering different operations to meet the requirements of donors, Authority for Civil Society Organizations (ACSO), Federal and Regional Government bureaus.
Ultimately, He/she will be responsible for the day-to-day management of ANE’s programmatic interventions.
Senior Program Officer Responsibilities
- Prepare project work plans and budgets with other team members and play a leading role for the successful implementation of projects
- Monitor projects to ensure that implementation is as scheduled, within the budget limit and leading towards the achievement of project goals and objectives
- Proactively identify challenges, problems and issues in project implementation and provides early corrective actions
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with relevant government and non-governmental organizations, the target community as well as other funding agencies to support project activities
- Conduct needs assessment and market assessment; compile report and contribute for proposal development
- Actively involved in project implementation and ensure beneficiary protection and accountability to affected population and donors
- Produce accurate and timely periodic reports on progress of projects
- Performs other duties as required
- Has at least a bachelor degree preferably in civil engineering, rural development, disaster risk management
- More than six (6) years of proven work experience in humanitarian or development work.
- Proven experience with project financial administration, budgets, and contracts, preferably in the NGO environment.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to develop creative solutions in complex environmental and socio-economic settings.
- Strong writing & report editing skills in English; fluent spoken English.
- Experience in managing humanitarian and/or development projects.
- Ability to independently handle responsibilities.
- Good communication skills verbal and written.
- Very good team player.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicant should submit their application letter, updated resume/CV and educational certificate before 15th, September 2022 through firstname.lastname@example.org. For those who want to apply in person at our office located around Sarbet adjacent to school of Nation during working hours. (Please refer our office exact location from Contact page)
NB. Due to the volume of applications submitted, only finalists will be notified. No phone calls, please.